The JPUH has shortlisted the finalists for the annual Remarkable People Awards.
Our new JPUH website has a fresh design, up-to-date information and is easily accessible for all. In this short video, Chief Executive Christine Allen welcomes visitors and gives a short introduction to the Trust.
The James Paget University Hospitals (JPUH) has shortlisted the finalists for the annual Remarkable People Awards.
Over 220 nominations were received from patients, staff and visitors and after a great deal of deliberation and debate, the finalists have been revealed. The winners will be announced at a spectacular awards dinner in October.
The awards are in recognition of staff that really make a difference, for both individual and team achievements and highlighting the part each person plays in the patient journey. The work they do really does make a difference to the patients and their visitors.
There are ten awards categories this year and the nominees are as follows:
- Ward of the Year: Short Stay Medical Unit, Day Care Unit, Ward 10
- Department of the Year: CT/MRI Scanning, Logistics, Sandra Chapman Centre
- Team of the Year: Day Care Unit, Porters, Theatre 7
- Employee of the Year: Donna Carrier, Rebecca Crossley, Suzanne Shand, Rosemary Thompson
- Volunteer of the Year: Basil Rollason, Linda Clemmit, Ken Clulow
- Apprentice of the Year: Aaron Kiddell, Poppy Smith, Hannah Bailey, Abby Greaves
- Non-Clinical individual of the Year: Myra Saunders, Sue Barnes, Catherine Stimpson
- Clinical individual of the Year: Claire Gibbs, Dr Amma Oppong-Odiseng, Rebecca Preston
- Governor’s award for the Outstanding Service: Special aware – recipients to be announced at the dinner
- Sir James Paget Award for Innovation: Claire Gibbs, Ben Burton, Philip Weihser & Dr Josip Stosic
The eagerly awaited awards ceremony, being held on Friday 17 October, will take place at Zest, Potters Leisure Resort, and will include a three course meal, the awards ceremony and entertainment.
Chairman, David Wright said “This event allows us the opportunity to show our appreciation for our staff and to showcase their excellent work. We have been overwhelmed with the response from staff, patients and visitors, who have taken the time to nominate those people that have made a difference to them and we are very grateful for their support. It also proves that despite the difficulties faced by the Trust over the last year, the efforts of our hard working staff have not been overlooked.”30 July 2014
Following the recent elections, the James Paget University Hospitals (JPUH) has confirmed its new Council of Governors for 2014-2017.25 July 2014
Young patients at the James Paget University Hospitals (JPUH) were given a big dose of sunshine on Thursday, when the Starlight Children’s Foundation pop-up pantomime paid a visit to Ward 10.25 July 2014
In case you missed it - the shortlisted finalists for this year's Remarkable People Awards have been announced! http://t.co/x9XxDWswNX
RT @NHSChoices: You don't need to be competing at #Glasgow2014 to get the benefits of exercise. Active ideas to suit any lifestyle: http://…