Outstanding achievements, dedication and quality care were celebrated at this year’s James Paget University Hospital’s Remarkable People awards.
Some 200 guests attended a glittering awards ceremony, held at the Wherry Hotel in Oulton Broad on Friday 6 October.
This year saw a record 460 nominations from both patients and staff for the awards, way above the number submitted last year.
The winners in each category were as follows:
• Ward of the Year: Ward 9
• Department of the Year: IT
• Team of the Year: Car Parking
• Employee of the Year: Sarah Hay
• Non-Clinical Individual of the Year: Samantha Burton
• Clinical Individual of the Year: Jane Preston
• Educator Award: Sharon Crowle
• Volunteer of the Year: Racheal Crane
• Apprentice of the Year: Laura Durrant
• Sir James Paget Award for Innovation:
• Governors’ Award for Outstanding Service: Ward 18
• EDP Gold ‘Patients’ Choice’ Award: Emilia Shurmur
• Chair and Chief Executive’s Commendations:
Myra Saunders and Anna Blackburn