*We recommend registering for OpenAthens on a Trust computer rather than at home, which can take up to two weeks to be approved.
** Please ask library staff for login details.
Sir James Paget library is a multi- disciplinary healthcare Library which caters for the information needs of all NHS & social care staff and students (on placement) within the Great Yarmouth & Waveney local area.
We strive to provide a high quality Library service to support NHS staff information needs, professional development and contribute to high standards of patient care.
We are part of the 25 Library strong Eastern Health Libraries network and can order in other resources, such as Journal articles and books for our users, for a fee.
Full Wi-Fi access is available throughout the Burrage centre, which also has a separate recreational learning café with vending machines and a water fountain.
Please call in and visit us and see how we can help with your information needs.
What services are provided?
- 15 Study spaces with Wi-Fi access
- 12 computers for study including a dedicated Broadband one for accessing personal e-mails such as Hotmail, Googlemail etc
- IT facilities including scanner & printing (colour and black & white)
- Over 4,300 Books
- E-books available through ClinicalKey
- On-line Library catalogue
- Over 150 hard copy journals stored with 34 current hard copy titles stocked in the library. Access to 1000's more online
- Access to NHS Evidence, Online Journals, Databases (inc. MEDLINE, BNI, CINAHL, PsychInfo, Cochrane, UpToDate and ClinicalKey).
Please log onto intranet homepage to access Royal Marsden, UpToDate databases
- Inter-Library articles & book loan request facilities
- Literature Search
- Current Awareness Journal contents Delivery Service
- Training sessions- Critical Appraisal, NHS Evidence/ Healthcare Databases searches, Referencing/ Bibliographiic, Library Promotion sessions
- Tailored information finding skills training.