We deliver and manage educational activities for all trainee doctors and provide support to their educational supervisors, consultants, SAS doctors and GPs.
The PGMDE Manager and administrative team work together with the Education Faculty to organise and monitor:
- Curriculum based teaching programmes
- Junior Doctor Induction Courses
- Preparation for Professional Practice programme
- Study leave
- Career guidance, advice and counselling for doctors in training
- Facilitation of e-portfolio
- Education and Clinical supervision process
The Health Education East of England’s (HEEoE) Local Education and Training Board (LETB) agrees a contract with the Trust to provide education, training and supervision to ‘doctors in training’ to an agreed standard.
The HEEoE Director of Education & Quality Postgraduate Dean’s representative at the Trust is the Director of PGMDE, who has overall responsibility for developing medical and dental education within the Trust.
We are committed to meeting the required standards of regional and national medical education bodies and undertake this with the support of a trained Education Faculty. We make every effort to ensure that trainees progress to their next level of training.
Education Faculty Committee Meetings
The Education Faculty meets regularly with representation from junior medical staff at each of the education committee meetings. In addition regular Open Forums are held with junior medical staff.
PGMDE Administration Team
PGMDE Manager: Mrs Irene Walker 01493 452466
Senior Administrator: Mrs Jackie Collison 01493 453457
Administrator: Miss Jade Rogers 01493 452417
Admin Assistant: Mrs Amie Hord 01493 453734
Courses for Medical & Dental staff
PGMDE organises the following courses:
- Clinical Procedures Skills Course
- ATLS Course
- Basic Surgical Skills Course
- Introduction to Thoracic Ultrasound Course
- Simulation Training
- Assessor Training
- Clinical Supervision Course
- CPR Training for GPs
- GP Refresher Course
- Dental Courses
- Assertiveness and Leadership Course
- Communication Skills Training Courses
- Faculty Development Training Course
- Negotiating and Influencing Skills Course
- Human Factors Training Course