Become a member
Do you want to play an important part in shaping and improving our services?
You don’t need any special skills, qualifications or experience to be a member – you just need to be interested in your local hospitals and the work we do. You must be 16 years old or over - there is no upper age limit for membership. You also need to be resident of the areas covered by Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils. Our staff are automatically members of this Trust unless they choose to opt out.
This Trust became an NHS Foundation Trust on 1 August 2006. We provide acute care for the people of Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and South Waveney, plus visitors to the area.
We are part of the NHS but accountable to the local communities through our members.
The Council of Governors works closely with the Board of Directors who are responsible for the day to day running of the Trust.
Being a Member will enable you:
- To help shape services at JPUH and express your views on local healthcare issues
- get a broader view of the work of the NHS
- to elect governors to sit on the Council of Governors
- qualify for discounts at NHSdiscounts.com.
Being a Member will not:
- cost you anything
- require you to attend meetings, unless you wish to come along to those meetings of the Board of Directors or Council of Governors held in public
- allow preferential NHS treatment.
What to do next...
If you would like to become a member, please complete the application form online or print a hard copy. There is a membership box in the foyer at the James Paget University Hospital or please post it back to us. If you would like any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Ann Filby.
We can only acknowledge receipt of your form if you have an email address.