RT @Gemmalister3: Ward 18 have really been working hard to #EndPJparalysis @JamesPagetNHS @sistersuznhs 👍 https://t.co/AHLisYslYu
RT @dspritely: @JPUHResearch @ealdavidson @JamesPagetNHS For what service I may have given, it was a pleasure. Delighted that the Paget con…
What is social media?
Social Media is the term commonly used for websites which allow people to interact with each other in some way, by sharing information, opinions, knowledge and interests. As the name implies, Social Media involves the building of online communities or networks, encouraging participation and engagement.
Our corporate accounts
Our corporate James Paget University Hospitals social media accounts are:
- James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust @JamesPagetNHS
- Apprenticeships @JPUH_Apprentice
- Research & Development @JPUHResearch
- Paediatric Allergy Clinic @JPUHAllergyKid
- Maternity @BornAtThePaget
- Education & Practice Development @EducationDev
You can also follow members of our staff on Twitter:
- Christine Allen, Chief Executive @callen_jpuh
- Anna Davidson, Chair @ealdavidson
- Julia Hunt, Director of Nursing @nursejah
- Ann Filby, Head of Communications and Corporate Affairds @AnnFilby_JPUH
Facebook: James Paget University Hospitals
LinkedIn: James Paget University Hospitals
Our social media accounts are managed by the Communications team. For questions or comments on our use of social media, please contact Laura Crisp, Communications & Digital Media Officer, at Laura.Crisp@jpaget.nhs.uk
What do we use social media for?
- News stories from across the Trust
- Events and awareness campaign information
- Real time updates from events
- Links to general health and wellbeing information
- Shared topical information from other health care organisations
The information we share through social media will always be:
- Respectful of others and not of an offensive topical nature
- Informative and to the best of our knowledge, accurate
- Relevant to our organisation or other health and social care agencies, voluntary sector organisations and partners.
Please note that we are unable to offer medical advice or confidential information through social media. If you, a friend or family member is feeling unwell, please call either your GP surgery or NHS111 (free from mobile phones and landlines).
Monitoring and availability
Our social media accounts are monitored during office hours and we will endeavour to respond to your questions as soon as possible. Office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday - Friday.
The Head of Communications monitors social media outside of these hours and will respond as soon as she can - otherwise a response will be provided as soon as possible during working hours. Occasionally we may cover events outside of these hours live on our social media platforms.
If your question is urgent, please contact 01493 452452.
The Trust reserves the right to withdraw comments and posts from other users if they are inappropriate or offensive.
Who we follow
We follow users that are relevant to our organisation; we do not automatically follow users who follow us.
Following other people or organisations does not imply endorsement of any kind on the part of our Trust.
Talking with us online
We welcome feedback and ideas from our followers and will endeavour to reply to as many posts as possible. However, we may not be able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via our social media profiles.
We read all comments to and about us on social media platforms and ensure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to relevant people in the organisation.
Press and Media
Our social media accounts are not intended to be used by the media to contact us. If you are a member the media, please contact the Communications team on 01493 452269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of staff