Our strategy map above shows our five year strategy, strategic ambitions and supporting strategies that ensure we can deliver what we have set out to do.
You can view a larger version of the strategy map by clicking on it.
It also recognises that we don’t work alone and our priorities take account of what’s happening outside the Trust that may impact on what we do – both locally and nationally.
Our Quality Improvement Strategy, Clinical Strategy, Five-Year People Strategy and Organisational Partnerships all feed in to our Trust Strategic Ambitions - to deliver the best possible level of safe and effective care; to provide education, support and development for our staff to deliver excellence in practice and be the employer of choice; to effectively manage our financial resources, our estate and our infrastructure to ensure we are sustainable; and to actively participate in innovation, research and partnerships to transform our services.
By clicking on each document below you can view these strategies, and the strategies that support them.
Five Year Strategy 2018-23
Please click on the images below to read our five year strategy documents. The summary document 'Shaping our Future' outlines the strategy and you can view the full document too if you wish. For more information, please contact Ann Filby.
The Trust is required to produce a two year operational plan in line with statutory requirements set by NHS Improvement. A summary of the plan for 2017-19 is available here This is the latest information on Trust plans, with more information on plans across Norfolk and Waveney available within the Sustainability and Transformation Plan.
Vision and community
The Trust is undertaking work in a variety of areas which will support the aims of the Five Year Forward View. The most recent development is the local health system’s Vanguard bid. This national bid has been invited in response to the need to identify new models of care. Unfortunately we weren’t successful as a system, but we still plan to take forward the principles as set out below:
In partnership with social, primary and community care and the CCG, the Trust has expressed an interest to jointly take forwards a new integrated approach to organising how services are provided locally. This process is a key part of the Trust’s response to the 5YFW. This partnership bid seeks to:
- Break down inter-organisational barriers;
- Create a single pan organisational culture placing the citizen at the centre;
- Pool resources financial and otherwise;
- Establish cross organisation delivery teams with single operational management;
- Reduce costs with savings shared across the system;
- Promote greater staff empowerment to foster innovation; and
- Foster community resilience and mutual support.
The bid states that in order to achieve this, the following aims will be delivered:
- Roll out and expand the multi-disciplinary Out of Hospital model which has seen more people staying at home and a reduction in emergency admissions;
- Implement a shared staffing workforce which will increase the available pool of staff, especially for providers running small staff teams, and out of hours;
- Exploit opportunities to streamline pathways;
- Adopt an incremental approach, increasingly combining budgets of health and social care organisations, thus maximising the spending power of the ‘local health pound’; and
- Increase integrated leadership roles across the NHS and local government for strategic and commissioning activities.
We are in the process of revising a number of key strategies including Quality, Site and the Trust’s Clinical strategy. We are also exploring a number of opportunities to work with strategic partners, focusing on development of the Trust’s estate and the legal and commercial frameworks involved in adopting new organisational governance models to support the delivery of care as part of an ‘integrated provider partnership’.
Other strategies & policies
Click the links below to download and view strategies and policies for the Trust.
|Clinical Strategy 2018 2023||Download|
|Commercial Strategy October 2017||Download|
|Communications Strategy Summary And Action Plan 2016 To 2018||Download|
|Digital Strategy 2018 To 2021 V10 To Trust Board||Download|
|Learning From Deaths Policy September 2017||Download|
|Membership Strategy 2018 20||Download|
|No Smoking Policy||Download|
|Operational Plan 2017 19||Download|
|Quality Improvement Strategy 2018 2023||Download|
|Quality Priorities 2018 To 2019||Download|
|Referral To Treatment Pathway RTT Access Policy And Procedure||Download|
|Strategic Plan Summary 2014 To 2019||Download|
|Workforce 5 Year People Strategy 2016 2021||Download|
|Site strategy 2016|
|Five Year Strategy 2018|