We aim to provide high quality, effective, safe and efficient healthcare services for children from infancy to adolescence who are vulnerable due to additional needs, complementing both primary care and acute paediatric services in a range of places, including the Child Development Centre, community clinics and in the home.
What services are provided?
- 2 year Neonatal follow up assessments
- Co-ordination of Pre-School Liaison Group
- Co-ordination of Neurodevelopment Assessment Clinics
- Co-ordination of the Great Yarmouth and Waveney Assessment Group
- Educational Medicine, including a named doctor for medical advice to Education
- Clinic services for children in special schools with learning disabilities and complex needs
- Assessment, diagnosis, liaison, co-ordination and clinics for children with Neurodisability, including developmental delay, Cerebral Palsy
- Assessment, diagnosis, liaison, co-ordination and clinics for children with ADHD/ ASD
- ADHD Specialist Nursing Services
- Safeguarding Service, carrying out child protection medicals and clinics for Looked After Children
Investigation of the cause of hearing loss (aetiological investigation)
How can I get a referral?
Referrals into the service are taken from GPs, acute paediatricians, health Visitors, school nurses, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, OT, CAMHS, educational psychology, social services amongst others.
Where is the department located?
The main base for the service is the Newberry Child Development Centre, Lowestoft Road, Gorleston, NR31 6SQ.
Lead Community Consultant Paediatrician:
ADHD Nurse Specialists:
Paediatric Senior Nurse - Outpatients: