skip to main content

Orthoses and splints

Orthoses and splints may be provided for a number of reasons, sometimes for a short period of time, sometimes for long term use. Your physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or orthotist will be able to advise you about what items are best for you/your child and how/when you use them.

If you have an item supplied by James Paget University Hospital orthotics department that is damaged or broken you can contact them directly regarding repairs on 01493 452330. If you are concerned regarding fit or suitability you can contact the team who referred you for the item. If your child is no longer seen by that team you can contact you GP for advice.

It is important for children to wear appropriate footwear. This leaflet provides some guidance on what to look out for and things to avoid;