Alexander (Sandy) Leeper
Sandy has an interest in all aspects of breast disease, benign or cancerous and patients with a family history of breast cancer. He utilises the latest oncoplastic techniques including therapeutic mammoplasty/mastopexy, partial breast reconstruction with local flaps, full breast reconstruction with implant and lipofilling techniques.
Other specialist interests include screen-detected breast cancer, impalpable cancer localisation techniques, risk-reducing surgery for patients with a family history of breast cancer and benign breast conditions.
Sandy joined the Breast Unit in August 2021, having completed a National Training Interface Group Fellowship in London, gaining extensive aesthetic and oncoplastic experience. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh and undertook his postgraduate doctorate MD in the Edinburgh Cancer Centre, developing in vitro 3D models of breast cancer. His core and higher surgical training incorporated working in a range of units within Scotland, Belfast and Norfolk.
• Interest in overseas healthcare delivery previously working in Nepal, the Solomon Islands and Rwanda.
• Design and delivery of educational and cadaveric courses in the UK and United Arab Emirates
• Local Schools’ Projects to aid school leavers pursue a career in Medicine
• Principle Investigator for BEAM Study in association with Quadram Institute
• Medicolegal Advisor for TMLEP
• Health Technology Innovation – Remote Assessment of Future Breast Cancer Risk
Contact Mr Alexander (Sandy) Leeper
Consultant Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgeon
MBChB, MD, FRCS