- Oculoplastic and socket disorders
- Lacrimal and cataract surgery
Mrs Bridget Hemmant trained at Moorfields Eye hospital, and gained further specialist training in Perth, Western Australia, where she gained international subspecialty training in oculoplastic surgery and reconstructive surgery.
After an initial appointment as consultant at The Royal Free Hospital in 2001, she moved to Norfolk in 2004 as a consultant at the Norfolk and Norwich and James Paget University hospitals.
She is now an examiner for Norwich Medical School and for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at the James Paget and an honorary consultant at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals.
Mrs Hemmant is an honorary senior lecturer at the UEA and has a lead role in curriculum development for the special senses (ENT, Ophthalmology and Neurology).
She also is the organiser of the East Anglian oculoplastic, lacrimal and orbital surgery course which is held at the UEA in June and attracts international delegates.
- East Anglian Region Representative to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and sits on the College Council
- Educational Supervisor and College Tutor for the post graduate trainees
- Her husband owns a vineyard and winery in Bergh Apton, South Norfolk, where he produces award winning sparkling and still wines.
For private patient appointments and further information please contact Anna Ready on 01603 814365.
Contact Mrs Bridget Hemmant
Consultant Ophthalmologist (Joint post with NNUH)
MB ChB, FRCOphth, MD
Angie Jones/ Kate Cannon