- General surgery
- Colorectal surgery; bowel cancers, inflammatory bowel disease etc.
- Laparoscopic surgery; bowel, hernias, gall bladder etc.
- General Paediatric surgery
Appointed Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon at the James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in January 2006. Colorectal cancer lead for the trust since 2006.
Worked at various UK hospitals from 1994 to 2005. Last appointment before joining JPUH was as Associate Specialist at West Suffolk Hospital Bury St. Edmunds.
Qualified from Indira Gandhi Medical College Shimla India in 1985 and then underwent higher surgical training from 1987 to 1993 at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh, India.
In 1994 completed FRCS in General Surgery. Has over 25 years of extensive surgical experience.
Examiner for Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons. Actively involved in teaching and training of junior doctors, E tutor of UEA MS Coloproctology, teaching medical students and is an Honorary Lecturer at University of East Anglia, Norwich.
- Registered on the Specialist Register of the General Medical Council
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of England, London
- European Society of Coloproctology
- British Medical Association
- Intercollegiate MRCS for Royal college of Surgeons
- Norwich Medical School
- OSCE examiner for MS Coloproctology.
- Interview panellist for Norwich Medical School, National selection of Core (CT1/ CT2) and specialist surgical trainees (ST)