- Breast reconstruction
- Breast cancer surgery
- Post graduate medical education
Sue is a consultant breast surgeon at the James Paget University Hospital.
She undertook her undergraduate and basic surgical training in Manchester, and a PhD in Cancer Studies at the University of Birmingham. She then transferred to the Eastern Deanery to complete higher surgical training, and was awarded a prestigious National Oncoplastic Fellowship, enabling her to gain experience in advanced oncoplastic techniques. She was elected chair of the Mammary Fold National UK Breast Trainees Group. In addition to her clinical role, she is assessment and course development lead for the award winning Mastership programmes in Specialist Clinical practice at the University of East Anglia.
- Chair of the National Education and Training committee, Association of Breast Surgery
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Research interests: breast cancer in older women, outcomes following breast reconstruction
- Teaching & training activities: undergraduate teaching, junior doctor educational supervision, OSCE examiner, assessment and course development lead for postgraduate specialist Masters degrees at UEA