Telephone - 01473 286060
Text phone - 04767 122766
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone/Minicom 01603 404440
Fax 01603 404433
Contact Judie Bence
Telephone 01508 495260
Contact Ann Jillings
Newborn Hearing Screening - More information about the screening for newborn babies.
The Children’s Hearing Services Working Group (CHSWG)
The Children’s Hearing Services Working Group (CHSWG) at the James Paget University Hospitals NHS Trust (JPUH) is a multidisciplinary group which includes parents, representatives from health, education, social services and the voluntary sector. The remit of the CHSWG is to ensure that there is an effective, integrated delivery of service for deaf children and their families. Within this, working both strategically and at a local level, the group aims to develop, improve, monitor services and provide support for deaf children, their families and carers. The involvement of parents is essential to the success of the group.
The catchment area for the JPUH CHSWG is that of the NHS Gt Yarmouth & Waveney CCG and therefore has representatives from both Norfolk and Suffolk. The group meets quarterly and is fortunate to be able to maintain close working relationships between parents, member organisations and enable excellent cross border working.
• Newborn Hearing Screening
• Consultant Community Paediatricians
• Virtual Schools, Sensory Support – Norfolk
• Sensory and Communication Service – Suffolk
• Social Care, Norfolk County Council
• Teachers of the Deaf - Norfolk & Suffolk
• Educational Audiologist – Norfolk
• Speech & Language Therapy
• National Deaf Children’s Society – Eastern Region
• Waveney Deaf Children’s’ Society
If you would like to know more about the group and how to get involved please contact Jenette Powell, Head of Audiology 01493 452354