The Dermatology department provides a wide range of services for the diagnosis and care of people with skin diseases, including skin cancer. We provide a service for all age groups.
We also provide an inpatient service for all age groups.
Our services are provided by a team of:
- An Associate Specialist.
- A Specialty Doctor
- A Specialist Registrar.
- A GP with a specialist interest in Dermatology.
- A Dermatology Nurse Specialist.
- A Skin Cancer Nurse Specialist.
- A Dermatology Sister.
- Two Dermatology Staff Nurses
- A Dermatology Healthcare Assistant.
We have close links with the departments of Plastic surgery, Ophthalmic surgery, Genito-urinary medicine and Rheumatology.
Our main site is the James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust for all of our services but we do hold outlying adult clinics at Lowestoft, Beccles and Patrick Stead hospitals.
Our department consists of 4 consultation/examination rooms, 3 minor surgery rooms, 2 nurse treatment rooms and a Phototherapy room.
Medical and Nursing students are with us certain times throughout the year. If you prefer not to have a student present then please let the receptionists or nurses know, this will not prejudice your treatment in any way.
We may offer you the opportunity to participate in research if suitable studies are available. Involvement is voluntary, we do not discriminate against those who choose not to get involved in research.
What services are provided?
- General dermatology.
- Paediatric dermatology.
- Chronic disease management.
- Monitoring clinic for patients on systemic treatments.
- Skin cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Dermatological surgery.
- Allergy testing, both Patch testing and Prick testing.
- Phototherapies, both UVA and UVB.
- Acne clinic – nurse-led.
- Cryotherapy clinic – nurse-led.
- PhotoDynamic Therapy – nurse-led.
- Leg ulcer assessment and management - nurse-led.
- Camouflage clinic.
How do I get a referral?
Referral to our department is via your GP or Nurse Practitioner.
We also receive inpatient referrals.
Where is the department located?
Our outlying clinic addresses and telephone numbers are listed below:
Beccles and District War Memorial Hospital
St Mary's Road
Tel: 01502 719800
Patrick Stead Hospital
Tel: 01986 872124
Tel: 01502 587311