How to wash your hands
Hand washing is the best way to avoid colds, flu and other viruses.
Before and after visiting the hospital, please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water as well as topping up with the alcohol gel provided.
How to wash your hands:
- Wet hands with water
- Apply enough soap and handwash to cover all hand surfaces
- Rub hands palm to palm
- Right palm over the other hand with interlaced fingers and vice versa
- Palm to palm with fingers interlaced
- Backs of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked
- Rotational rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa
- Rotational rubbing, backwards and forwards with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm and vice versa
- Rinse hands with water
- Dry thoroughly with towel. Duration of procedure: At least 15 seconds.
Encourage children to wash their hands by showing them how to do it, and by setting them a good example.
|Download Hand-washing poster (241 kb)