IBD outpatients clinics
On your first visit to an IBD clinic you will be seen by a consultant gastroenterologist.
If you have had an endoscopy then you may have already had a brief telephone discussion with one of the IBD nurses about your diagnosis.
All of the clinics are held in the Department of Medicine (DOM), which is on the ground floor of the hospital off the North corridor. It is important that you always book-in at the main reception desk in DOM on arrival.
After your appointment, you will be offered a subsequent appointment where your consultant, a registrar, the specialist nurses or another member of the Allied Health Professional team will see you again.
If you need to change your appointment this can be done via the DOM on 01493 452451.
The main IBD clinics are held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, however, people with IBD will also be seen in general gastroenterology clinics on other days. In clinics where the IBD nurse specialists are present, you may see either an IBD nurse specialist or a consultant.
IBD is unpredictable and you never know when it is going to flare up.
The IBD advice line is a point of contact for patients to call if they are having problems, or have any questions in between appointments. It gives patients easy access to advice and supports them in the management of their condition.
It can also reduce outpatient appointments and unnecessary visits to GPs. Patients feel that the advice line is one of the most important aspects of the IBD Service in and around Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft.
- The IBD advice line is an answerphone service where you can leave a message if you have concerns/worries or you are becoming unwell
- We aim to return your call within two working days
- The advice line should not be used to change appointments or in an emergency
- If you have an urgent or out-of-hours need contact your GP, NHS 111 or attend the emergency department
- When leaving a message please speak clearly, leave your name, hospital number if you know it and a contact number
- Opening hours: 08.00 to 12.00 Monday to Friday. excluding bank holidays.
- The number to call is 01493 453992
Any non-urgent requests (e.g blood forms, prescriptions) can be emailed to us or call the IBD helpline number as above and we will respond within 48 working hours. Please email us at ibd.@jpaget.nhs.uk