Remarkable People 2019
In 2019, our IT Apprentice Jade Roberts, was crowned the Apprentice of the Year.
We are extremely proud of her for this fantastic achievement.
Remarkable People 2017
In 2017, the IT Department was awarded Department of the Year in the Paget’s Remarkable People Awards.
This was to acknowledge the department’s efforts and response to the WannaCry Cyber Attack which affected Trusts across the country.
IT - Digital Health
Our IT department, also known as Digital Health, are responsible for the development, implementation, and support of the IT systems, services, and infrastructure across the Trust. These systems comprise of Trust-wide clinical, individual specialist, and a range of corporate systems.
The department comprises of teams of staff split between Service Delivery and Service Development. The role of Service Delivery is with regard to supporting our colleagues and the use of their IT systems; taking calls through our Service Desk, and providing additional support with our Desktop and Application support teams.
The Service Development team’s role is to support the Trust to manage new projects and upgrading existing systems. This team is split into the Technical Infrastructure, Software Development, Security and Project Management.
In the latest milestone on its journey towards implementing comprehensive, integrated digital health across its hospital sites, the Trust has now achieved ISO27001 accreditation, the internationally recognised standard for information security. This accreditation has been successfully renewed in 2023. You can read more about this award in our news section.
In addition to this the Trust has gained Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus Certification which provides further assurance regarding Information Security.
What services are provided?
- Service Desk – operating between 07:30 and 17:00, contactable by visiting, by phone or portal. They aim to resolve as many problems and requests as possible at the first point of contact.
- Desktop Support Team – to resolve issues with IT devices that are used by our customers. These will include PCs, laptops, printers and mobile devices.
- Applications Support and Training – helping our customers use their IT systems, and liaison with suppliers and the other technical teams.
- Infrastructure team – these are the ‘back-office’ technical team, with the specialist skills that keep the core server and network systems running smoothly.
- Software Development – the provision of new applications; building and maintaining bespoke software, built in conjunction with our customers, for our customers.
- Project Management – providing extensive professional management of implementing new systems and services, working in tandem with our customers and other supporting departments.
- IT Security Team – This team ensures the security of IT Systems and Services, and all the data held on those systems. The team operate an ISO27000 based Information Security Management System and have gained this accreditation.