Supporting carers is a key role of the centre in providing them with information, advice and support and meeting their needs also alongside the person they are caring for. Practical advice and support is needed but also the psychological and emotional support.
If you are a family carer, there are a number of groups that are run in the Louise Hamilton Centre that could be for you. Contact us at the centre.
Carers for Mental Health
18.00- 20.00, first Tuesday every month
- An evening Family Carers Group for those caring for someone with mental health issues
Dementia Café (Helen Moss Alzheimer’s association & Sue Francis LHC Care Lead in partnership)
10.30-12.30, first Wednesday each month
- Dementia café for people with dementia and their family carers
Renal unit (ADHOC supported by LHC Carer Lead)
- Social events for patients/carers on dialysis
MS Support Group
18.00- 20.00, Third Wednesday every month
- MS support group for those with multiple sclerosis and their family carers.
Hobbie Horse Carers Group
11.00- 13.00, last Thursday each month
Crafty Quackers Carers Group
18.00- 20.00, Second Thursday of the month.
- A craft group for family carers led by LHC Carer Lead
17.30 – 19.30 Last Wednesday of the month
- A group for former carers who meet for continued support.