What to bring with you
- Your handheld notes & birth plan
- An old t-shirt or nightie for labour
- Personal items—toiletries, tissues, water spray, lip salve, camera
- Energy tablets
- Snacks, cold drinks, magazines, newspapers, puzzle books (for you and your partner)
- Change for the car park and phones
- Breast pads
- Maternity pads
- Disposable knickers
- Support bra to wear while breastfeeding
- Dressing gown/slippers/nightwear
- Comfortable clothing to go home in
Note: Please leave painkillers at home. We normally prescribe Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. Please ensure you are not allergic to or have any sensitivities to these medications before taking them.
For your baby:
- Nappies & cotton wool
- Clothes and a warm outfit and blanket for journey home
Please note: we do not provide formula milk so if you are not planning to breast feed please bring this with you as well as bottles for feeding. We will provide sterilising facilities.
Please bring your car seat, but leave it in the car until required as our rooms are quite small.