EDUCATION CENTRE FLOOR PLAN
Please click on the image below for a full-size plan.
We deliver and manage educational activities for all trainee doctors designed to put patient safety and quality at the heart of our teaching and provide support to their educational supervisors, consultants, SAS doctors and GPs.
The PGME Manager and administrative team work together with the Education Faculty to organise and monitor:
- Curriculum based teaching programmes
- Junior Doctor Induction Courses
- Preparation for Professional Practice programme
- Study leave
- Career guidance, advice and counselling for doctors in training;
- Facilitation of e-portfolio/ARCP
- Education and Clinical supervision process
- Organise Annual Review of Competency Progression Panels
- Practical Skills Training
- Junior Doctor Support & Wellbeing
- Physician Associate Employees Development
- Physician Associate Students Induction and Curriculum Teaching
- Specialty Doctor & Locally Employed Doctors Development
The Health Education East of England’s (HEEoE) Local Education and Training Board (LETB) agrees a contract with the Trust to provide education, training and supervision to ‘doctors in training’ to an agreed standard.
The HEEoE Director of Education & Quality Postgraduate Dean’s representative at the Trust is the Director of PGME, who has overall responsibility for developing medical and dental education within the Trust.
We are committed to meeting the required standards of regional and national medical education bodies and undertake this with the support of a trained Education Faculty. We make every effort to ensure that trainees progress to their next level of training.
Find out more about working at the James Paget by watching our brief video below.
- Clinical Procedures Skills Course;
- Advanced Trauma and Life Support (ATLS) Course;
- Simulation Training;
- Assessor Training;
- Clinical Supervision Course;
- Registrar Leadership Programme;
- Communication Skills Training Course;
- Specialty Doctors (SAS) and Locally Employed;
- Doctors (LED) courses;
- Managing Complications in Cataract Surgery Course;
- Trabeculectomy Course;
- Laparoscopic Skills Course;
- Non-Technical Skills for Surgeons (NOTSS Course);
- Regional Specialty Training Courses and Hubs;
|PGME Team: PGME@jpaget.nhs.uk
|Medical Education Manager:
|Mrs Jackie Collison
|Senior Administrator & Deputy Medical Education Manager:
|Ms Samantha Jones
|Mrs Zoe Adcock
|Mrs Jade Chapman
|Mrs Amie Hord
|Technician and Training Co-ordinator:
|Mr Ricardo Rodrigues
|Simulation Assistants/PGME Administrators: