The James Paget is committed to delivering high quality care, and education provides the foundation to do this.
The Education and Practice Development department provides education to all groups of clinical staff.
The team support learners from the moment they join the trust, as students and new recruits, and is made up of highly skilled professionals with a wealth of knowledge and experience in health care.
We deliver education using a variety of approaches to embrace different styles of learning and different needs. Collaborative working also takes place with local universities and educational establishments to ensure the best programmes are developed and delivered in relation to patient and service needs.
The Education and Practice Development department is crucial to help staff provide quality care and we aim to ensure appropriate resources are used in the best way to deliver education and training to all clinical staff that will benefit patients.
Our services include:
- Resuscitation Service
- Dementia Care Team
- Learning Disabilities and Autism Department
- Back Care Advisory Service
- Career Professional Development for Trust staff
- Expanded Roles Training
- Safeguarding, MCA/DOLS Deputies (Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
- Nutrition, Respect and Dignity, Care and Compassion Service
- Student Nurse Rotation and Preceptorship
- Return to Practice
- Health Care Assistant Extensive Induction Programme
- Assistant Practitioner
- Clinical skills training
- Medicines Management/EPMA
Education and Practice Development now has its own Twitter Page! Please search and follow @JPUHEd