The Research Support and Governance Group (RSGG) is a sub-group of the Board Academic Committee. The committee is accountable for Research Governance. This responsibility is delegated by the Medical Director to the Lead Clinician for Research and Development / Chair.
The main aims of the group are as follows:
- Review and approve all research projects within the trust ensuring compliance with the terms of the Research Governance Framework for Health & Social Care and identify potential risks for to the trust
- Oversee the implementation of the Research Governance Framework throughout the trust, ensuring that all relevant information on the framework, EU directive, Good Clinical Practice etc is appropriately disseminated throughout the trust.
- Ensure that effective research governance approval mechanisms are in place for the consideration of research projects submitted for approval.
- Provide a forum for discussion on research governance issues that affect research activity locally
- Ensure that the appropriate systems are in place to monitor, audit and review the outcomes of approved research.
- Encourage research and development activity by providing support to local researchers and potential researchers from study conception through protocol development, preparation of applications and submissions for ethical and R&D review.
- Monitor research grant applications and all finances related to research activities.
- Agree research strategies and monitor progress
- Monitor progress against national and local research network targets.
Dr William Notcutt, Research Lead
Dr Ben Burton, Deputy Clinical Lead
Karen Reavell,Head of Research and Development
Claire Gibbs, Senior Clinical Research Nurse
Cheryl Phillips, Research Co-ordinator
Pieter Bothma, Consultant Anaesthetist
Vivek Chitre, Surgical Consultant
Jerome Pereira, Consultant Surgeon
Ed Taylor, Interim Deputy Director of Finance
Meetings are private and are held on the first Tuesday of the month.