Paget’s People Awards 2023 Rules
The following rules are designed to make the awards nomination process as clear and fair as we can:
1. Nominations can be made by anyone, with exception of the Governors’ Award and the Chair and Chief Executive Commendation (nominations from Governors/ Chair and Chief Executive only), and the Patient Choice Award, which is open to nominations from patients, relatives or carers only.
2. All nominees must be employees/volunteers of the Trust, who consistently go the extra mile in their daily work.
3. There is no limit to the number of nominations that can be made by an individual, team or organisation. However one individual cannot nominate the same individual/team for the same award more than once. The number of nominations received for a particular individual/team does not increase the likelihood of being selected as a finalist.
4. Individuals, teams or organisations cannot nominate themselves or members of their families. However, managers can nominate members of their own team(s).
5. Nominations must be made on the awards nomination form and completed in full. Each nomination must be submitted on a separate form, and additional pages to support the nomination can be attached. Nominations can also be submitted online via the James Paget University Hospital website - https://www.jpaget.nhs.uk/pagets-people-awards-2023/online-nomination-form/
6. Nominations received after the closing date will not be considered. The closing date for nominations is 5pm on Friday 2 June 2023.
7. Please note, nominations should include at least one example of outstanding work to ensure there is enough information for judges to consider. If there is insufficient information on a nomination form the entry may be sifted out at an earlier stage of the judging process.
8. The judging panel will include a hospital director, public governors, the Head of Communications, and staff representatives.
9. All finalists will be invited to the awards presentation evening.
10. Those making nominations can choose to remain anonymous by marking NO to disclosure of their name on the nomination form, or by not ticking the ‘I agree’ box on the online form. If you choose YES to disclosure then your name may be revealed to the nominee if they request this information. Your name and contact information may be passed to other organisations only in connection with other award ceremonies (i.e. if we choose to submit a nominee for an external award based on your nomination). We will not sell your data or pass this onto any other organisation except for the purposes of further recognising the award nominee.
11. The judging panel reserves the right to send any nomination for consideration for external awards, for example ‘Stars of Norfolk & Waveney’. These submissions may include contact information from the person nominating.
12. The decision of the judging panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decisions made.