Remarkable People Awards 2019
Non-Clinical Team of the Year
Welcome to the Chaplaincy Service at the James Paget University Hospitals.
Our chaplaincy operates an open door policy and we welcome people dropping into the chaplaincy office during our open hours.
There is usually someone in the chaplaincy from 8:30—17:00 Monday to Friday.
Our staff Chaplains represent different Christian denominations and include a visiting Muslim chaplain too.
To assist the staff chaplains we have a wonderful team of chaplaincy volunteers who help in various ways.
Most mornings and some afternoons you will find our volunteers in the chapel and ready to speak with you. Do drop in if you are passing by.
Here for all
We are here for everyone, and we are aware that some times people just need to be listened to and valued.
Our team offers non-judgmental listening and pastoral support, as well as spiritual and religious support; to patients, visitors and hospital staff.
We work closely together to care for people of all faiths and traditions and for people who do not belong to any religious organisation.
Our Chaplains are happy to administer the sacraments on the wards or pray with those who request this. There is currently Catholic Mass on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Muslim prayers on Friday at lunch time.
We also have good community links so if your require support that is outside of our team’s expertise we will do our best to connect you with the appropriate support.
How to contact the Chaplaincy team
If you would like to see a Chaplain we can be contacted...
- Via staff on the wards
- Via the hospital switchboard: Tel: 01493 452452 - ext 2408
- Chaplaincy Office Direct Line: Tel: 01493 452408
- By visiting the Chaplaincy office or the Hospital Chapel, which is through the main entrance and to the left of X-Ray
- Our Hospital Chaplains also provide a 24 hour on-call service for emergencies and can be contacted by ward staff as appropriate
- Alternatively you can use the QR code below or click here for a referral form. Patients and staff can self refer via this method by selecting the appropriate option on the form.
Lead Chaplain - Reverend Clive Howard
Deputy Lead Chaplain - Reverend Daniel Pritchard.
Hospital and Staff facing Chaplain - Reverend Stephen Andrews
Roman Catholic Chaplain - Fr Alvan Ibeh
Everyone is warmly welcome to use the hospital chapel
The hospital Chapel is situated on the ground floor near the lifts on the front corridor of the hospital, close to the main entrance. Please click here to view a map of the hospital.