The James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is committed to ensuring that it has in place systems to safeguard the welfare of children. This includes working in partnership with other relevant organisations to ensure we provide care that is safe and proactively identifying children and young people who are at risk.
Some of the measures we have in place to ensure this include:
- For further information please select one of the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) checks for staff in accordance with statutory employment regulations.
- Child protection policies and systems which work in partnership with our key local stakeholders. These are systematically reviewed to ensure they meet national guidance and recommendations resulting from child protection cases. This is part of the Trust’s commitment to ensure continuous improvement in its processes to protect children and young people.
- Processes to follow up missed outpatient appointments which include flagging up where there are specific concerns about the safety and welfare of vulnerable children and young people.
- Child protection training for new and current staff in line with national guidance.
- Named professionals with clear roles and responsibilities for supporting the safeguarding agenda.
- Board level executive leadership for safeguarding is provided by the Director of Nursing who reports directly to the board on any concerns within the Trust. A programme of audit to provide assurance around safeguarding processes is also in place and regular reports are reviewed within the Trust’s governance committee structures.
- Safeguarding procedures within Accident and Emergency are clearly set out within the Trust’s safeguarding policy and further enhanced with department specific guidance.
|Domestic Abuse Champion Role Outline||Download|
|Enhanced Patient Supervision And Engagement Policy||Download|
|Female Genital Mutilation FGM Reporting And Safeguarding Policy||Download|
|Freedom To Speak Up Raising Concerns Whistleblowing Policy||Download|
|Management Of Patients With Learning Difficulties And Autism||Download|
|Mental Capacity Act MCA Deprivation Of Liberty Safeguards Dols Policy||Download|
|Mental Health Act 1983 Code Of Practice||Download|
|Modern Slavery Statement March 2021||Download|
|Paediatric Safeguarding Medical Assessments||Download|
|Safeguarding Adults Policy||Download|
|Screening And Management Of Domestic Abuse Policy||Download|