Benefits of an apprenticeship
What are the benefits?
- You earn a salary while you learn.
- You gain a qualification which is all paid for by your employer.
- You will receive 27 days of paid holiday plus Public Bank Holidays.
- You qualify for NHS and Student discounts across many retailers.
- Apprentices are eligible for free car parking at the JPUH site.
- You will have a mentor in your area of work for informal support and guidance.
- You will be given the opportunity to attend relevant training days and partake in additional courses such as touch typing and manual handling.
The chance to attend events:
- Our Apprentices are actively encouraged to take part in enrichment activities, such as fundraising, careers event and trips. We aim to offer Apprentices the opportunity to broaden their experience whilst working at the JPUH.
- There is an opportunity to become a Health Ambassador. Many Apprentices join this scheme to allow them to share their experiences at local schools, colleges and other events whilst promoting the NHS as an employer of choice.
- Every year, as part of Apprenticeship Week, we hold an event for all of our Apprentices to attend to count towards their qualification.
The end result
- You will have the opportunity to be nominated as ‘Apprentice of the Year’ in the JPUH Remarkable People Awards; the winner will be presented with the award at an exclusive dinner.
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification that will be valid for any employer.
- You will gain specific skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your chosen career pathway.
- You will develop basic skills and knowledge that can be applied to a variety of different careers.
- Hands-on training will give you a real chance to put your skills into practice and allow you to gain more confidence in a working environment.
- You will achieve a final grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction.