How to apply
You will need to apply online for any vacancy within the JPUH. Apprenticeships are advertised on www.jobs.nhs.uk or TRAC Jobs or via the 'Work for Us' section of this website. If you register on NHS Jobs or TRAC jobs website and select that you are interested in apprenticeships in a specific area (i.e. James Paget University Hospital) you will be sent notifications of any new positions that arise.
In order to qualify for funding individuals must:
- be aged 16 or above
- not be enrolled on another apprenticeship, or another DfE funded FE/HE programme, at the same time as any new apprenticeship they start
- spend at least 50% of their working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship
- have the right to work in England
- be a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements), or have the right of abode in the UK, and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements)
- or a non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Online applications require:
- A comprehensive list of existing qualifications**
- Any previous employment / work experience / voluntary work
- Detailed supporting information stating why you would be the best for the job
**Please ensure that you clearly state your qualifications in your applications; e.g. if asked for a GCSE Maths qualification simply writing ‘Maths, C/ Grade 4’ is not sufficient. Please include a little more detail, for example ‘GCSE Maths C’ or ‘Functional Skills Maths Level 2’.
Each vacancy will have a Job Description outlining the tasks and duties of the apprenticeship. There will also be a Person Specification which will outline the requirements of the role. Please make sure you check both of these prior to applying.
If your application is successful you will be invited to attend an interview; you will be notified by email or text message so it is important to check both of these regularly once you have submitted your application.
All offers of employment are subject to two references, a medical background check and a DBS check.
For further enquiries, please contact the Apprenticeship Team on 01493 452093 or 01493 453019 or email JPUH-Apprenticeships@jpaget.nhs.uk.