Employee of the Year
This year’s Employee of the year is Andrew Fox, Deputy Director of Operations, responsible for the Emergency Division
Educator of the Year
This year the Educator of the Year award was added to our awards line up, and the award went to Project Search team.
Remarkable People Awards 2015
The JPUH has shortlisted the finalists for the annual Remarkable People Awards.
Over 220 nominations were received from patients, staff and visitors and after a great deal of deliberation and debate, the finalists have been revealed. The winners will be announced at a spectacular awards dinner in October.
The awards are in recognition of staff that really make a difference, for both individual and team achievements and highlighting the part each person plays in the patient journey. The work they do really does make a difference to the patients and their visitors.
There are 12 awards categories this year and the nominees are as follows:
- · Ward of the Year: Ward 12, Ward 1, Short Stay Medical Unit
- · Department of the Year: Research & Development, Macmillan Specialist Palliative Care, Mortuary
- · Team of the Year: Paediatric Nurse Practitioners, Paget's Café, Ward 12 Deep Clean Team (Domestic Services)
- · Employee of the Year: Joyce Phillips, Andrew Fox, Yuri Van De Pieterman, Jonathan Reddington
- · Non-Clinical individual of the Year: Jonathan Reddington, Charlie Lovett, Nathan Grimmer
- · Clinical individual of the Year: Glenda Turner, Josip Stosic, Kevin Barnard
- · Educator of the Year: Sarah Hills, Karen Thom, Project Search Team
- · Volunteer of the Year: Malcolm Lloyd, Alan Durance, Dusty (Maureen) Miller
- · Apprentice of the Year: Amanda Prynne, Oliver Barnard, Lauren Lonergan
- · Sir James Paget Award for Innovation: Michael Cox, Ambulatory Care Team
The winner of the Governor’s award for the Outstanding Service and EDP Gold ‘Patient’s Choice’ Award will be revealed on the night.
The eagerly awaited awards ceremony, being held on Friday 16 October, will take place at Zest, Potters Leisure Resort, and will include a three course meal, the awards ceremony and entertainment.
Chairman, David Wright said “This event allows us the opportunity to show our appreciation for staff and to showcase their excellent work. We have been overwhelmed with the response from staff, patients and visitors, who have taken the time to nominate those people that have made a difference to them and we are very grateful for their support.
“It also proves that despite the difficulties faced by the Trust over the last year, the efforts of our hard working staff have not been overlooked.”