Remarkable People Awards 2014
- Ward of the Year: Short Stay Medical Unit
- Department of the Year: Sandra Chapman Centre (Oncology)
- Team of the Year: Day Care Unit
- Employee of the Year: Rebecca Crossley, Learning Disability & Liaison Nurse
- Volunteer of the Year: Basil Rollason
- Apprentice of the Year: Aaron Kiddell, Apprentice Imaging Assistant
- Non-Clinical individual of the Year: Sue Barnes, Housekeeper (Ward 4)
- Clinical individual of the Year: Dr Amma Oppong-Odiseng, Consultant Community Paediatrician
- Sir James Paget Award for Innovation: Claire Gibbs, Senior Research Clinical Research Nurse
- Governors’ award for Outstanding Service: Paediatrics
A final surprise award, sponsored by the Eastern Daily Press, was awarded to David Adams and Shaun Healy for their heroic efforts in raising the alarm and controlling a fire which broke out at the hospital earlier in the year. The EDP ‘Patient’s Choice’ Award will become a permanent feature of the awards from next year.
The Trust would like to thanks MS Oakes, the main sponsor for this year’s awards, in addition to the individuals and organisations who donated prizes to the raffle.
For more photos of the evening, visit our Flickr page.