- Retinal disease management including AMD, Diabetic eye disease and Retinal vein occlusions
- Ophthalmic imaging including Spectral Domain OCT scanning and Multi-modality Ophthalmic imagin
- Small incision Cataract Surgery
- Intravitreal Injection and Laser Treatments
Muhammad Raja graduated with honors and completed his ophthalmology training in North-West and East Anglia UK deaneries and was appointed as an substantive Consultant Ophthalmologist at the James Paget University Hospital in 2014. He specializes in small incision cataract surgery , broad spectrum of retinal disease management with expertise in laser treatment and provision of intravitreal injection therapy.
Mr Raja has a particular interest in multi-modality and multi-dimensional use of modern state-of-the-art ophthalmic imaging systems such as Spectral-domain OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography), ocular angiography , ultra-wide field ophthalmic imaging & the newly energing technology of OCTAngiography. He is a co-investigator in many national/international clinical trials, published more than 20 international peer-reviewed papers and a reviewer for many journals including BMJ (British Medical Journal).
He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmologists (recipient of International Ophthalmology Educational Award 2013 & International Scholar award 2016) and European Society of Retinal Specialists.ere, the consultants will need to write no more than 100 words on their experience. This may include additional details on their specialties, their training and hospitals where they have worked.
- (MRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists London UK
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow UK)