- Knee and hip surgery
- Soft tissue reconstruction / sports injury surgery including
- ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair, cartilage transplant, patella stabilisation
- Partial knee replacement including patello-femoral replacement and medial/lateral unicompartment knee replacement
- Total knee and hip replacement
- Revision knee and hip replacement
I gained my medical degree from St George's Hospital Medical School (University of London). After completing 3 years of Basic surgical training, I took a year out to study for a Master of Science degree in Surgical Sciences at the prestigious Imperial College, London. My research looked into ways of regenerating articular cartilage in the knee – an area which remains of special interest today. My Orthopaedic higher surgical training took place in London (South-east Thames rotation) after which I completed 2 years of Fellowship training, sub-specialising in surgery of the knee and hip. My first Fellowship was spent in Adelaide, where he worked closely with some of the best surgeons in Australia perfecting techniques in sports injury surgery. The second year was spent as a Fellow at Guy’s & St. Thomas’ Hospital in central London where I learned techniques in all aspects of hip and knee replacement including revision surgery.
- Member of British Orthopaedic Association
- Research interests – reducing length of stay after surgery, articular cartilage repair / transplant techniques
- Teaching & training activities I am an Instructor in Advanced trauma & Life Sopport (ATLS)
For more information please visit my website.
For private referrals please go to epcr.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Janet on 01493 601770.
Contact Mr Hersh Deo
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB BS MRCSEd. MSc. FRCS(Tr&Orth)