*We recommend registering for OpenAthens on a Trust computer rather than at home, which can take up to two weeks to be approved.
** Please ask library staff for login details.
Sir James Paget library is a multi- disciplinary healthcare Library which caters for the information needs of all NHS & social care staff and students (on placement) within the Great Yarmouth & Waveney local area.
We strive to provide a high quality Library service to support NHS staff information needs, professional development and contribute to high standards of patient care.
We are part of the Health Libraries network and can order in other resources, such as Journal articles and books for our users, for a fee.
Full Wi-Fi access is available throughout the Burrage Centre, which also has a separate recreational learning café with vending machines and a water fountain.
Please call in and visit us and see how we can help with your information needs.
What services are provided?
- 15 Study spaces with Wi-Fi access
- 12 computers for study
- IT facilities including scanners & printing (colour and black & white)
- Over 4,300 Books
- On-line Library catalogue
- 80 hard copy journals stored including 12 current hard copy and one electronic title stocked at the Library. Access to thousands more online.
- Access to NHS Evidence, online journals, databases (inc. Medline, BNI, CINAHL [separate Library subscription to CINAHL full text database], Emcare, PsycInfo and Cochrane). Please log onto intranet homepage to access the following point of care resources; Royal Marsden, BMJ Best Practice and UpToDate databases.
- Subscription to KnowledgeShare current awareness service where James Paget University Hospital staff and East Coast Community Healthcare (Great Yarmouth and Waveney) staff can register for free email alerts.
- Inter-Library articles & book loan request facilities
- Literature Search
- Current Awareness Journal contents Delivery Service
- Training sessions- Critical Appraisal, NHS Evidence/ Healthcare Databases searches, Referencing/ Bibliographic, Library Promotion sessions
- Tailored information finding skills training.