We deliver care and support to patients with malignant and non-malignant conditions, including blood disorders and cancers. Treatment for these conditions, investigative procedures and emergency care is performed in the unit.
Around fifty to sixty patients attend the Centre each day for treatments such as chemotherapy and blood transfusions.
Treatment, care and support are provided by a team of doctors and nurses with a wide range of specialised skills.
The Centre enables treatments to be given on a day care basis. This means patients who previously had to stay in hospital for several days can now remain at home and in the community as much as possible.
What services are provided?
- Blood Transfusions
- Supportive Treatments for Malignant and Non-Malignant Conditions
- 24/7 Emergency Telephone Assessment Service
- Bone marrow investigations
- Myeloma Clinic
- Lymphoma Clinic
- Oral Chemotherapy Clinic
How can I get a referral?
Patients are mainly referred to the Sandra Chapman Centre following a referral from a consultant within the James Paget University Hospitals.
How can I contact the department?
You can use the following numbers to contact our reception: 01493 453469 or 01493 452869
Emergency telephones are held by senior nurses 24/7. The numbers for the emergency telephones are as follows:
- Consultant: Dr Dernedde
We work very closely with Oncology Department at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals, and the following consultants visit the James Paget once per week:
- Dr Biswas, Dr Wade, Dr Tasigiannopoulos, Dr Nobes, Dr Swannie, Dr Harihar.
- Oncology Specialist Nurses: Deborah Needham, Louise Cunningham, Toni George, Jeremy Rake, Emma Crowther.
- Consultant: Dr Sadullah
- Haematology Specialist Nurses: Sara Picton Davies, Leanne Mills, Hannah Rose Taylor.